Trying to eat healthy on a budget? Me too.
This recipe is a lazy girl’s dream. Grab some zucchinis, cut ’em in half, scoop out the seeds, and stuff them full of tuna salad. Then get baked.
I chose to mashup this recipe with a song from Glass Animals’ new album entitled “Season 2 Episode 3” because of the awesome reference to a “loveably lazy stoner girlfriend,” as CoS puts it. This song just depicts a lazy afternoon, minimal effort, and being freaking starving – And for something good! No cereal for lunch ’round here.
Try these Tuna Melt Zucchini Boats for a quick lunch that looks oh-so-put-together. And check out the video creation on IG!
Tuna Melt Zucchini Boats
- 3 Zucchini
- 2 Cans Tuna
- 2 Chopped Pickle Slices
- 1/4 Chopped Red Onion
- 1/4 C. Mayo
- 1 Tbsp. Spicy Brown Mustard
- 3 Slices Swiss Cheese
- Cut zucchini in halves, lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and toss or save for something else.
- Bake zucchini at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix tuna, pickle, onion, mayo and mustard. Fill pre-baked zucchini boats.
- Top tuna with halves of Swiss cheese slices.
- Bake another 15 minutes.
What do you think of this mashup?!