Bring on that cool winter chill cause I’ll be ready with my buttery Pecan Sandies and electro-chillwave tunes. The combo of downtempo electronic vibes and R&B vocals is making a new wave. Couros, London’s newest master brings both soul and style. Though Couros brings a mashup of his own, combining soul + jazz + electronic styles of music, I too chose to mashup his cool sound with my first Christmas recipe of the season.
What began as a Pecan Snowball, you know those perfectly round pecan goodies drowning in powdered sugar, quickly became flattened Pecan Sandies pressed with an adorable snowflake cookie press. Has anyone seen those yet? Or am I just late to the party? Then dusted with powdered sugar and just a touch of red + green sprinkles, these pretty things are the perfect invitation to the season..
•2 sticks butter, softened
•1/4 C brown sugar
•2 Tbsp white sugar
•1 Tsp vanilla extract
•1 Tbsp maple syrup (I used pecan spiced)
•1 C chopped pecans
•2 C flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With electric mixer, beat softened butter until smooth. Add sugars, beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract + maple syrup, beat until incorporated.
- Fold in 1/2 chopped pecans + 1/2 flour. Once combined, add the remaining of each.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Bake as is or flatten with cookie stamp. (Mine is from TJ Maxx).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Let cool! Once cool, dust in powdered sugar via sifter. *If preparing Pecan Snowballs, roll the cookies in powdered sugar, but do not shake them!
Hope you enjoy this easy Christmas treat!