Drama Duo – Chicago based producer Na’el Shehade and singer Via Rosa, have recently (11/30) dropped Gallows, an 8-track EP that captures the essence of the ups and downs of heartbreak. “Hopes Up,” for instance, relays a disco, fun Fleetwood Mac “Dreams” type vibe, yet Via Rosa’s vocals capture the emotion and pain of heartbreak, to which we can all relate to. This is a listen-late-at-night type track, alone in your room. In a recent interview with noisey, Na’el relates the track to people that want to “be dark but happy at the same time” calling it ‘Happy sad music’ or “music that brings you up when you’re feeling down.”
The smoothness of the EP as a whole pairs well with one of my most favorite Christmas recipes, Peanut Butter Fudge. It’s the perfect night for this pairing, am I right? Rainy, cold, and close to Christmas. Listen to some happy sad music and snack on this PBFudge!
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 Stick butter
- 1 C Brown sugar
- 1/2 C Almond milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C Peanut butter
- 4 C Powdered sugar
- Butter, or line with wax paper, a square baking dish. Set aside.
- Sift powdered sugar into medium-large size bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar + almond milk. Bring to boil 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla + pb.
- Pour over powdered sugar + beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour into square baking dish. Chill until firm + cut into squares.