The Martha Stewart proclaimed pie of America: Apple Pie.
Pairs well with The Ill’s ‘4:17’ via NPR.
- 1 recipe for a 9in double pie crust
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C. Dark brown sugar
- 1/2 C. Coconut sugar
- 1/4 C. Water
- 6 Medium sized Granny Smith Apples
- Prepare your pie crust + allow to chill at least 30 min. I doubled this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel + slice apples.
- Place crust in bottom of pie plate; fill with apples.
- Over low heat, melt butter in a small saucepan. Once melted, whisk in flour. Once combined, add sugars and water. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour butter + sugar mixture over apples.
- Top apples with remaining pie crust.
- Bake pie at 425 for 15 minutes. Lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 40 minutes.