Scones. What is a scone? According to the dictionary, a scone is “a small unsweetened or lightly sweetened biscuit-like cake.” Sweet biscuits? I’m in.
To me scones always seemed so fancy; so complex to make. But when given a bag of plums that I didn’t know what to do with, I decided on turning them into scones. Win!
I’ve made these a couple times now (thank you Minimalist Baker), I’m just clearly into eggs..They are best eaten day of and they pair well with “Oh, Darling!” by The Beatles. Thanks Chris Pratt. And so sad to hear about the split, Anna Faris.
TURN THE VOLUME UP ON YOUR DEVICE for this all new critically acclaimed episode of #WHATSMYSNACK #cheatmeal edition. Starring Chris Pratt. Set on the River Thames in post World Two England, Chris Pratt plays lonely CIA agent Drake McGuiness, a man with a dangerous secret and a crippling addiction to dessert. Score by The Beatles. WRITTEN by Chris Pratt. PRODUCED by Chris Pratt. EXECUTIVE PRODUCED by Chris Pratt. ASSOCIATE PRODUCED by Chris Pratt. Special thanks to a CHRIS PRATT. Cinematography by @annafaris No animals were harmed in the making of this video. But 7 cranberry, currant, butter, jam, clotted cream scones got BF'd pretty hard. All rights reserved. #WHATSMYSNACK is a registered trademark. Copyright infringement is punishable by up to 500 years in prison and a $250 trillion fine. Piracy is not a victimless crime.
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 C. Water
- 1/2 C. Coconut flour
- 1 1/2 C. All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 C. Sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Butter, diced, room temp.
- 4-5 Small plums, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or leave bare (I have made both ways with no significant difference).
- Whisk together egg + water in a small bowl.
- In a separate, larger bowl, whisk together coconut flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or fork, add butter to flour mixture and cut together. Mixture should resemble small crumbs.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and combine.
- Fold in plums.
- On a floured surface, shape the mixture into a pie shape – about 1-2 inches thick.
- Cut the pie into slices and maneuver the slices onto the baking sheet. A floured spatula makes this easier.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Leave bare or once cool, drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze and enjoy!